Spastastic

I'm feeling pretty good about the fact that my life is far from normal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mankato, Minnesota, United States

Friday, August 11, 2006

Sween Cream and a Birthday

Yesterday I was at the Blue Earth county office for some business when I came across an assortment of cream resting atop a cabinet in the hallway. Yep, you heard that right, on top of a cabinet in a hallway. I wasn’t sure what was more surprising- the cream or the cabinet. My eyes rested briefly on the bottles and squeeze tubes only long enough to read the title: SWEEN CREAM.

Holy crap. How come I’ve been in Mankato for three years and haven’t heard about this shit before? I could have really used “Sween Cream, good for red, sore, irritated skin” when the other TAs in 206A were giving me crap about Panko Crumbs, and Matt C. was printing out recipes and tips on how to store Panko (inside an air-tight container in a cool, dark location) and leaving them on my desk. Anything would have been helpful. Maybe Sween Cream and Ms. Katy Sween (now Clay) could have deferred some of that harassment.


I had to whip out my phone and take a pic of the stuff, even though two employess brushed by, eyeing me with a look that clearly said, “she must be looking for the mental health department.” Unfortunately, I’m not tech-savvy enough to know how to take the picture off my camera and on to my computer, so I found this one on the internet:

Heehee.



Today was Nathan's birthday. His second birthday. The birthday that should mark the beginning of hellish period otherwise known as the "Terrible Twos". Lucky for me I have a little angel for a son, so he has yet to give me much of anything terrible. I must have done something right somewhere along the line to get such a good one.

Here he is enjoying his new truck and my

bag of tortilla chips:

4 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

Jen! Welcome to our big, wacky sphere. Let me know if you need a refill on your drink.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Jess- Yes, I know, he's the cutest. Of course you can have his hand in marriage- I'm sure he won't mind me arranging his marriage in advance. heehee.

Chad- Thanks for the welcome! I feel privileged to be amongst such craziness. . . and I always need a refill on my drink ;-)

7:04 AM  
Blogger KC in Katoland said...

You know what's cool? Blogging more. Cuz, you know, I update sooo much.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Ha!

I also have now found you!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home