Spastastic

I'm feeling pretty good about the fact that my life is far from normal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mankato, Minnesota, United States

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A lifetime and only 4 measly sentences

GODDAMN MOTORCYCLES. I don't know what else to say. I just learned that one of my students from last semester died just a couple weeks ago.

I remember talking to his mother, often... working with him after class one-on-one to help him pass the class...reading his personal narrative about how he fell in love with a girl he met at a lake up north last summer.

This is the third person I have known to die young from a motorcycle accident. The first is a nameless highschool friend of my mother's-- in fact, one of my earliest memories is of my mother cursing motorcycles under her breath as she visited his grave in Oslo, MN. As for myself, one of my classmates was impaled by a tree after flying off his motorcycle just days before high school graduation.

Now, Nic, and I say "Nic" because that is how he wrote his name on all his papers, is also gone. What really pisses me off about this is that I am sure there was so much to say about him, so many personality traits, hobbies, hopes, and yet nothing remains. I googled his name, and the only thing I came up with was his obituary. Four measly lines and they didn't even spell his nickname right.


Nicholas “Nick” Janni, 19, of New Ulm died Friday, March 23, 2007, from injuries he received in a motorcycle accident near New Ulm. Funeral services are 2 p.m. Tuesday March 27 at the Cathedral of the Holy Trinity in New Ulm with burial in the New Ulm Catholic Cemetery. Visitation is 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday and 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Minnesota Valley Funeral Home in New Ulm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home