Spastastic

I'm feeling pretty good about the fact that my life is far from normal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mankato, Minnesota, United States

Monday, April 28, 2008

What do you mean I have a 7 inch whole in my...

So far, my interactions with construction guys have taught me two important things: 1. Homemade cookies and a low cut shirt will get me a better quote. 2.There is something wrong with a $500 quote when its competition comes in at over $3,000 for the same job.

Because I learned number 2 the hard way, I now have a 7 inch hole in my hardwood floor. So other people can appreciate how shitty this is, I have included the following photograph:



Apparently, when the duct guy and I talked about placing the ducts as CLOSE to the corners of the rooms as possible, he thought I meant put them as FAR away from the corners as possible. Maybe we need to work on our communication skills.

Regardless, I called him back to fix his error. I wanted to wring his neck with that extension cord when he said, "Yeah, I thought about putting that vent in the corner, but I didn't know for sure. "







3 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

"Yeah, I thought about putting that vent in the corner, but I didn't know for sure."

And he didn't think to ask you before he cut the hole?

1:43 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I know!!! Infuriating!!

By the way, how have you been?

7:26 PM  
Blogger Nathan said...

I'm surviving.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home