Spastastic

I'm feeling pretty good about the fact that my life is far from normal.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mankato, Minnesota, United States

Thursday, May 22, 2008

"Flashing your Headlights" can definitely mean more than one thing

While driving at 9000 feet through the Rocky Mountains this last Sunday I learned that flashing your headlights could also mean that there are bighorn sheep in the road. The lady who flashed her headlights half a dozen times at me saved some poor sheep from a certain death that would have been otherwise brought swiftly by the bumper of my car.

I found this awesome pic of a bighorn on the internet should anyone need a visual on this:






*I added the picture of the highway underneath as to create the full effect of what happened.


Anyways...


I am officially settled in. Somethings are so familar about being back on the ranch, yet at the same time, the new set of people-- the new job position, have made it very different as well.

It snowed today. I have been eating copious amounts of food in hopes of gaining enough padding on my ass so it won't hurt from the abuse of daily horseback rides through the San Juan Mountains. Luckily we have an excellent German chef here who makes everything, including the hot-from-the-oven-delightfully-crispy-yet-chewy french baguettes, from scratch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home